mrbumblepants: (Default)
[personal profile] mrbumblepants
I'm experimenting with ways to motivate myself & keep my anxiety down.

Motivation: I'm putting three things in my to do list per day. If I finish those three things, I can choose more to do. Days when I'm home run from about 8 am to 6 pm. After that, I want to work on relaxing things or fun projects. So far I either accomplish more or the same amount as before, but with much less anxiety.

Anxiety: I suspect part of my problem is I have gotten out of the habit of daydreaming. So I'm purposely reminding myself to do so. Also watching videos of people making things, because that really gets at the excitable part of my brain. I also want to explore world building without having to deal with a story - so just exploring a place & seeing what's there. All of the fun, none of the social stuff needed for interacting with characters. I might do this in my writing some time in the future. I wonder how many people would enjoy reading an extended description of a place.

I'm also trying to make Dreamwidth my default place for writing stuff again. I will interact with Twitter and Facebook, but I really need the solitary thought compiling time a journal offers.

On the note of writing, I am now starting to get back into it. Working on my red panda time travel story. I've simplified the plot, so slowly working on fleshing that out.

Other things:
- transcribing podcasts
- planning out Halloween & gathering materials
- making bog coats; attempting to make a 'bog shirt.' The bog coat I made is a success, and this is definitely something I will want to wear post-top surgery. I was going to try to get vests, but these work just as well for my purposes, and are very easy to make! So I am making a few with what material we have, then slowly getting more.
- slowly finishing up my nearly finished jewelry projects
- organizing my craft supplies! I have finally organized my beading collection, and I am ridiculously Thrilled! Hopefully getting to the craft room today, after working at the giant mound of laundry.

Today is going well!

Date: 2015-09-03 02:14 pm (UTC)
cloudsinvenice: "everyone's mental health is a bit shit right now, so be gentle" (Default)
From: [personal profile] cloudsinvenice
I've also found it really useful to limit the number of things on my to-do list. It's amazing how that kind of reframing of your expectations can help how you feel about it.

Those bog coats are so neat; I love the idea of something you can make with minimal fabric waste, and it looks really comfortable as well.

Profile

mrbumblepants: (Default)
mrbumblepants

January 2017

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 16th, 2026 03:32 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios