(no subject)
Sep. 3rd, 2015 02:01 pmDay 2 of pushing myself to make posts here. Tiny success!
PUPPETS
- I've forgotten puppets & the microphone today, so no puppet video. Possibly one tomorrow if it is sunny. Can't wait to make a portable blue screen for videos at home. Also looking around for an inexpensive DSLR camera to take better quality video.
JOB
- Home care aid work continues to be good. Definitely something I'll tone down one day, as I assume I'll get burnt out on it sometime.
- I'm not sure my alternative bus idea will really work out, but I haven't done any research into it. So....reminder to me to look into that. Basically I need to see how much it would cost vs how much I could make, and also if I'd actually be allowed to schedule multiple clients at once. Doing that seems like the best way to get a profit while keeping costs low.
- My second thing I want to do is set up some kind of funding for other people to get their caregiving licenses. Would love to set up a co-op that pays for the training & takes care of the administrative stuff.
BUSINESS STUFF
- I think I've figured out how to approach my entrepreneurship goals. In general, I need to keep my ideas smaller than they have been. Yes, I should have enormous overarching goals - but they should just be guidelines I can revisit every so often. Instead, my day to day should be small steps which by themselves are complete actions. So things that will gain me a bit of money, and therefore give me a bit to invest into other small actions.
PUPPETS
- I've forgotten puppets & the microphone today, so no puppet video. Possibly one tomorrow if it is sunny. Can't wait to make a portable blue screen for videos at home. Also looking around for an inexpensive DSLR camera to take better quality video.
JOB
- Home care aid work continues to be good. Definitely something I'll tone down one day, as I assume I'll get burnt out on it sometime.
- I'm not sure my alternative bus idea will really work out, but I haven't done any research into it. So....reminder to me to look into that. Basically I need to see how much it would cost vs how much I could make, and also if I'd actually be allowed to schedule multiple clients at once. Doing that seems like the best way to get a profit while keeping costs low.
- My second thing I want to do is set up some kind of funding for other people to get their caregiving licenses. Would love to set up a co-op that pays for the training & takes care of the administrative stuff.
BUSINESS STUFF
- I think I've figured out how to approach my entrepreneurship goals. In general, I need to keep my ideas smaller than they have been. Yes, I should have enormous overarching goals - but they should just be guidelines I can revisit every so often. Instead, my day to day should be small steps which by themselves are complete actions. So things that will gain me a bit of money, and therefore give me a bit to invest into other small actions.
no subject
Date: 2015-09-03 09:52 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-09-03 10:04 pm (UTC)I definitely want to get into charitable Ventures that exist to provide a service, not to produce unnecessary growth. Instead of making things larger, I'd prefer to create a new entity - so that nothing turns into a behemoth that will take everything else out with it.
It's something that I think is definitely needed. There is a huge need, but in order to get the thing paid for, people either have to get hired by a caregiving company or know someone who has requested them as a caregiver. What I might be able to do in the meantime is introduce people to potential caregivers, then have them request that person - so this would cost me nothing, and would get more caregivers into the system.